MiaRec leverages port mirroring function on the network switch. A virtual network adapter should be switched to promiscuous mode, otherwise MiaRec will not receive network packets from IP phones.
To configure promiscuous mode on VMWare ESX/ESXi:
- Log in to the ESX/ESXi host or vCenter Server using VI Client/vSphere Client.
- Select the ESX/ESXi host and click the Configuration tab.
- Under Hardware, click Networking.
- Click Properties of the virtual switch for which you want to enable promiscuous mode.
- To allow promiscuous mode on the virtual switch or portgroup, select the name of the virtual switch or portgroup and click Edit (note: the setting on the portgroup overrides the virtual switch setting).
- Click the Security tab.
- From the dropdown for Promiscuous Mode, select Accept.